The CCTV surveillance is a key tool for public safety today. Regular footages clearly indicate any kind of anti-social behavior. A timely detection can lead to crime prevention and burglars can be caught red handed. The CCTV cameras help a great deal in deterring crime in places like railway stations, banks, hospitals and other crowded areas where the eye of the police may not reach. Especially, women feel quite secure due to the presence of these cameras in crowded places. The footages recorded on the CCTVs have proven to be of great help in a few criminal cases too. On replaying these videos, one can clearly see what exactly took place at the scene of crime. For the CCTV surveillance to be successful, it is necessary that perpetrators know of the location of the cameras.
IP-based surveillance systems will show a lot of growth in the IT and security industries because they offer a scalable, company-owned solution that offers the advantages of flexibility and low cost of ownership. A digital system can be built within an already existing IP network, and this fact will make a company's budget department breathe easier.
* Helps reduce the fear of crime
* Acts as a visual crime deterrent
* Helps detect crime and provide evidential material for court proceedings
* Helps assist with the overall management
* Enhances Community Safety, assisting the economic well-being of the area and encourages greater use of the town centre, shopping centres and car parks etc.
* Supports the civil proceedings
The use of CCTV surveillance systems has steadily increased for detection and crime prevention.